Metrowest, a membership-driven organization of multitype libraries, provides access to resources and services that augment the capacity of individual member libraries. Mobilizing a small force of highly skilled employees and the cooperation of our members, we deliver continuing education and technological expertise, high level reference and consulting services, shared materials, and advocacy leadership to ensure the relevance and vitality of libraries in Metrowest Massachusetts.
Metrowest’s mission is reflected in the following service goals of the Regional Plan of Service.
- Delivery Services: Facilitate resource sharing by setting in place an efficient and cost effective method for delivery of materials and information for participating Metrowest libraries and between Metrowest and the other Regional Systems.
- Supplemental Reference Services: A. Provide direct and mediated supplemental reference resources and services to assist with questions beyond the scope of member libraries individual collections, including expanded web resources; B. Provide member libraries access to shared electronic databases.
- Interlibrary Loan Services: A. Provide member libraries with access to resources through regional interlibrary loan services; B. Provide member access to resources through development and maintenance of MassCat.
- Continuing Education and Training: Design and deliver high quality continuing education workshops in response to evolving member needs and user expectations.
- Advisory & Technical Assistance: Increase members’ relevance through exposure to and implementation of new technology, and provide technology consultation and training to assist members in planning and implementation of new technologies
- Other Supplemental Services: To provide member libraries supplemental services based on expressed needs within the region.
- Regional Coordination & Administration: Provide leadership, manage operations, and provide oversight for the organization to accomplish regional goals.
Metrowest Services are provided through state funds administered by the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners
FY2008 Plan of Service
GOAL I: Facilitate resource sharing by setting in place an efficient and cost effective method for delivery of materials and information for participating Metrowest libraries and between Metrowest and the other Regional Systems. Delivery volume has increased significantly as a result of the system in place at the Minuteman Library Network (MLN) Metrowest will continue to carefully monitor the volume of delivery at each library. To help control costs, Metrowest will adjust the delivery schedule as necessary.