FY2007-FY2021 Strategic Plan
Metrowest, a membership-driven organization of multitype libraries, provides access to resources and services that augment the capacity of individual member libraries. Mobilizing a small force of highly skilled employees and the cooperation of our members, we deliver continuing education and technological expertise, high level reference and consulting services, shared materials, and advocacy leadership to ensure the relevance and vitality of libraries in Metrowest Massachusetts.
Metrowest is known as the go-to resource for academic, public, school and special member libraries because…
- We develop, evaluate, and deliver core services based on members’ assessment of impact and relevance.
- We advocate for member libraries by taking a leadership role on library issues.
- We build partnerships that cultivate cooperation among members and other organizations to maximize resources.
- We design and deliver high quality continuing education workshops in response to evolving member needs and user expectations.
- We encourage and support the mastery of relevant, cutting-edge and emerging technologies.
- We maintain financial stability by strategically preparing for the cyclical nature of funding.
- Metrowest has a commitment to innovation and a willingness to serve as a change agent.
- Metrowest supports objectives that promote resource sharing among the members.
- Metrowest membership enhances the value of each library to its own users.
- Cooperative efforts are intrinsic to the successful delivery of services to Metrowest libraries’ users.
- Diversity of membership among different types of libraries contributes to the strength of this organization.
- Staff development and participation enhance the quality of service.
- The understanding and commitment of the member institutions’ administrators advance the success of Metrowest.
- Metrowest has an essential role in providing to its constituency, and all citizens of the Commonwealth, effective access to and the utilization of information and services.